Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day Three in Disney

So, it was Tuesday. Epcot day. I've been to Epcot more than any of the other parks. So, I knew my way around and what was best to do...

We went on Soarin'. Which was like riding a glider over all sorts of different landscapes in California. We went on the "Universe of Energy." It's a show with Ellen and takes the riders back in time to see how energy has been developed over the years... and includes dinosaurs, my least favorite thing in the world, but it's ok, I knew what to expect. We went on the Test Track.

We ate lunch at "The Coral Reef." I'd always wanted to do that, but it was always too expensive, but since we had the meal plan, it was included... and it was AWESOME. We ate in this little place with this huge aquarium. The food was amazing. John and Roe both got steak...LOL. I got a piece of grilled Mahi-mahi... oh, my goodness, this was the best stuff I've ever eaten. All that wonderful grilled flavor without having to chew meat... (for those of you who don't know me so well, I don't really eat much meat.) Joshua got lobster soup for an appetizer. I don't think it sat so well with him... I won't embarrass him by posting the whole story here, but we'll suffice it to say that the people at the first aid station were quite helpful.

Then we went around the "World Showcase." We went on the boat ride in Mexico and the kids made masks at the "Kidcot" station. Kailey, Julie and I saw the acrobats in China. We went to Norway to ride the "Maelstrom." Roe had rented a scooter for the day, since her knees were bothering her. They let us take the scooter just about everywhere. Well, we got in line for the Maelstrom... along with a whole host of other people, including another woman on a scooter. We waited and waited... and the ride got shut down because of technical difficulties. So, this whole host of people had to leave. Easier said than done. See, the lines were narrow, and the other lady's scooter did not have enough room to turn around. We were up far enough to turn Roe around at the bend in the lane. The other lady had to back her scooter all the way out. It was quite interesting.

So, after walking around a bit, and taking care of our own technical difficulties with Joshy's upset stomach... John, Roe and I got dinner in Moracco. (The kids ate in Mexico earlier.) Kailey and I got to watch a real belly dancer. Then we watched the fireworks display and headed back to our cabin.

No comments: