Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our Last Day in Disney

We got up early and packed up our cabin. We checked out early and headed off for breakfast at Ohana. We got to eat breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. The kids got to march around the restaurant in a parade. Stitch knocked my hat off... then he knocked Roe's hat off and it ended up being left behind.

After breakfast we headed out to MGM Studios. I had been wanting an excuse to ride the monorail and finally found one. The monorail ran right out of the resort to the Tickets and Transportation center. The kids and I got to ride in the nose of the train. It was so cool, we could see all the different parks as we passed them. From the T&T Center, we caught a bus to MGM.

Once there, we discovered that there was no way we could see every show that we wanted to see. I'd already seen the Beauty and the Beast show the last time we went, so I gave that up. Kailey got to dance with the Highschool Musical show. Josh and Kailey got to be Padawan Aprentices in the Star Wars show. We ate lunch at the ABC Commisary... it was the only bad meal I had. Josh, Kailey, John and I rode the Rockin' Rollercoaster. John and Julie (who wouldn't go on rollercosters remember...) went on Tower of Terror, while Roe, Josh, Kailey and I went to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. After the show, Josh and Kailey got to meet the bad guy and Indiana Jones's stunt double.

Then we caught up with John and Julie and we all headed to the Lights, Motors, Action! show. It was really cool. It's all about how they do stunt driving for movies.

I had wanted to stay for the Fantasmic show. It's the fireworks display at MGM, but by the time we had finished everything else, we were all really tired and just wanted to get going. So, we went back to the Polynesian resort to get the van. Roe wanted to pick up some souveniers, so she went in the shop while the kids and I sat in the lounge and waited for John to bring the van up. It turns out that the resort was celebrating some odd big anniversary... I can't remember which one. All the sudden, there was a whole lot of stuff going on. There were hula dancers and music and everything. It was really cool.

So, that was our stay in Disney. We headed back to my grandparents' house after that. We spent the next few days just hanging out and relaxing with them.

No comments: